Carefully picked from my mum's repository. My reactions to all these would vary from defiant stare to tearful sob to indifferent eye-roll.
- I think we got the wrong baby home from the hospital.
- Did I bring you up to think and act like THIS?
- Where did I go wrong with you?
- Why of all the girls in the world are only YOU like this?
- I think this is God’s way of testing me.
- I need strength.
- No sane mother will put up with all this.
- May be I did a lot of paavam in my previous jhanmam.
- You are old enough. You are not a child anymore.
- Look at your hair.
- Are you going out wearing THAT???
- Did you look at the mirror?
- You need more clothes?? No, seriously?
- Don’t you have anything else to wear? (the answer will trigger the previous line. Vicious circle)
- I don’t get it. I just don’t get it. Tell me again. Why?
- Are you mad? You need to meet a shrink.
But her favourit-est one, whatever said and done:
I have the best daughter in the whole world!!!! :D
Aww. Love you ma :-)